World War II Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. It was January 4, 1944: The Battle of Monte Cassino began.
The battle took place in what country?
2. It was January 4, 1944: The Russians cross into Europe from
the Ukrainian front. What country did they cross into?
3. British forces take Maungdaw, a critical port for Allied
supplies on January 9, 1944. Maungdaw is in which country?
4. British forces, in Italy, cross the Rapido River on January
5. On January 20, 1944, how many tons of bombs does the Royal
Air Force drop on Berlin?
- 1,500 tons
- 2,300 tons
- 3,500 tons
6. It was January 22, 1944: Allies begin Operation Shingle,
the landing at Anzio, Italy. The U.S. Army 45th Infantry Division
stand their ground at Anzio against violent assaults for 4 months.
Time and again aggressive German artillery and troop attacks
nearly overwhelm the beachhead.
7. What was the date that American troops land in the
Admiralty Islands, part of New Guinea?
- January 22, 1944
- January 25, 1944
- January 29, 1944
8. It was January 30, 1944: United States troops invade Majuro.
Where is Majuro?
- Marshall Islands
- New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
9. It was January 31, 1944: American forces land on Kwajalein
Atoll and other islands in the Japanese-held Marshall Islands.
10. It was January 31, 1944: What was the beachhead Americans
are still struggling to protect?
Check Your Answers
- 1. Italy
- 2. Poland
- 3. Burma
- 4. False. It was the Garigliano River.
- 5. 2,300 tons
- 6. True
- 7. January 29, 1944
- 8. Marshall Islands
- 9. True
- 10. Anzio
Page 1 of 1