World War II Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. It was January 2, 1943. The Japanese were now cleared out
of Buna, New Guinea after a fierce two-month struggle. It became
clear that the American campaign was badly mismanaged.
2. Where do the Japanese land more troops on January 7, 1943?
- Wake Island
- Lae, New Guinea
3. It was January 14, 1943. Allied leaders began their
conference. Churchill and Roosevelt discussed the eventual
invasion of mainland Europe, the impending invasion of Sicily and
Italy, and the wisdom of the principle of "Unconditional
Surrender." Where was the conference held?
4. What nation declared war on the Axis powers on January 16,
5. It was January 18, 1943. The Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto rose
up for the first time, starting the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
6. It was January 19, 1943. What Soviet general was promoted
to Marshal as the Stalingrad struggle grinds to a close?
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Georgy Zhukov
- Viktor Suvorov
7. It was January 23, 1943. What Libya city do the Allies
8. It was January 23, 1943. Japanese continue their fight in
western Guadalcanal. What campaing do they seem to have given up
- Papua campaign
- Rabble campaign
- Java campain
9. It was January 27, 1943. 50 bombers mount the first all
American air raid against Germany. What was the primary target?
- Wilhelmshaven, the large naval base
- Schomagen, a medium naval base
- Anslow, a large army camp
10. It was January 29, 1943. The Americans and Japanese fight
the naval battle of Rennel Island, near Guadalcanal. What was the
US ship lost?
- USS Chicago
- USS Los Angeles
- USS Miami
Check Your Answers
- 1. True
- 2. Lae, New Guinea
- 3. Casablanca
- 4. Iraq
- 5. True
- 6. Georgy Zhukov
- 7. Tripoli
- 8. Papua campaign
- 9. Wilhelmshaven, the large naval base
- 10. USS Chicago
Page 1 of 1