World War II Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. On June 5th, a huge Pacific typhoon hits the American navy
and the fleet suffered widespread damage. Who commanded the fleet?
- Admiral “Bull” Halsey
- Admiral John McCain
- Admiral Ottis Redding
2. June 6, 1945, Allies agreed to divide Germany. How many
areas were made?
- Two areas of control
- four areas of control
- Six areas of control
3. June 10, Australian troops land at Brunei, Borneo.
4. June 15, what Japanese city was bombed heavily?
5. June 16, the Japanese were in a general retreat in central
6. June 16, 1945, U.S. conducts the Trinity test at Alamagordo,
New Mexico, the first test of a nuclear weapon.
7. What nation started demobilization on June 19?
- United Kingdom
- United States
8. June 20, what is the Dutch island, that was the last part
of Europe freed by Allied troops?
9. June 21, on what island was the defeat of the Japanese
10. What U.S. city was the United Nations Charter signed on
June 26, 1945?
- San Francisco
- St. Louis
- New York City