World War II Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. On June 1, Romanian prime minister, head of the Fascist Iron
Guards, was executed. Who was the prime minister?
- Ion Antonescu
- Crown Prince Michael (Mihai)
- Emil Bodnăraş
2. On June 2, the provisional French government is
3. The channel invasion was postponed 24 hours due to high seas
on June 4, 1943. What was the operation named?
- Operation Overlord
- Operation Peacock
- Operation Masterson
4. June 5, Rome fell to the Allies. What was the first capital
of an Axis nation to fall?
5. June 6, Battle of Normandy began. D-Day Operation
Overlord, commenced with the landing of 155,000 Allied troops
on the beaches of Normandy in France. The allied soldiers quickly
broke through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest
amphibious military operation in history.
6. June 9, no agreement having been reached on their mutual
borders, Stalin launched an offensive against with the intent of
defeating the country before pushing for Berlin. What was the
7. June 10, how many men, women and children were killed at
Oradour-sur-Glane (a town near Limoges) France in a German
response to local Resistance activities?
8. June 13, Germany launched a “secret weapon” attack on
England, in Hitler's view a kind of revenge for the invasion. He
believes in Germany's victory with this “secret weapon.” The
secret weapon attacks will continue through June. What was
the "secret weapon."
- V-1 Flying Bomb
- V-2 Rocket
- Jet Airplane
9. What Japanese held island does the United States invades on
June 9th, 1944?
10. On June 26, what was the French city liberated by American