World War II Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. June 4, 1943, who becomes Commander of the Free French
forces in North Africa.
- General Henri Giraud
- General Franchet d'Esperey
- General Charles de Gaulle
2. June 8, 1943 Japanese forces abandon the Aleutians, their
last foothold in the Western hemisphere. The event is almost to
the year of their landing. What was the island?
- Kiska Island
- Katku Island
- Cattin Island
3. On June 11, 1943, British forces take Pantelleria and
Lampedusa, small islands between Tunisia and Sicily, after several
days of bombardment.
4. On June 13, 1943, the US in Europe suffers heavy aircraft
losses. What was the target?
- Kiel, Germany
- Hamburg, German
- Amsterdam, Holland
5. On June 17, Allies bomb Sicily and the Italian mainland, as
signs increase of a forthcoming invasion.
6. June 20, Operation Cartwheel opens with landings by the
United States 4th Marine Raider Battalion at Segi Point on New
Georgia in the Solomon Islands. It will not be secured until
August. What is the island chain?
- Solomon Islands
- New Guinea
- Mannington Islands
7. June 22, 1943, what armies begin a major offensive?
8. June 23, American troops land in the Trobriand Islands,
close to New Guinea. What is the strategy called for driving up
the Southwest Pacific?
- Island Hopping
- Island Crusading
- Island Invasion
9. June 24, continuing air attacks against a German industrial
valley. One result is the evacuation of large numbers of German
civilians from the area. What is the industrial valley known as?
- Austrian Divide
10. June 30, what was the island that American troops land on
in New Georgia, another part of Operation Cartwheel?
- Rivera Island
- Rendova Island
- Revere Island