World War II Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Sick and starving troops (American and Filipino) are now
trapped on Bataan On April 1942. What is the estimated number of
- Over 24,000
- Over 54,000
- Over 104,000
2. On April 8, heavy RAF bombing of what German city?
3. On April 8, the German summer offensive in the Crimea opens
4. On April 8, were was American forces are strained for one
5. April 9: Bataan falls to the Japanese. The "Bataan
Death March" begins, as the captives are taken off to
detention camps in the north. What is island in the middle of
Manila Bay, that remains a final point of resistance?
- Macís Fort
6. What does King George VI award Malta for "heroism and
devotion" on April 15?
- George Cross
- Medal of Freedom
- Victoria Cross
7. On April 18, the air force launches an attack on Nagoya,
Tokyo and Yokohama. The B25 bombers take off from the USS
Hornet. The raids are a great boost of morale for Americans whose
diet has been mostly bad news. Who lead the attack?
- Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
- Major Richard Bong
- Capt. David M. Jones
8. On April 23, the Luftwaffe begins raids on English
provincial towns like Bath, Norwich, and York. The attacks
continue sporadically until June 6. What was the name of raids
- Baedeker Raids
- Luftwaffe Assaults
- Goring Raids
9. Who assumes a kind of supreme authority over Germany on
10. On April 27, a national plebiscite is held in Canada on
the issue of conscription. French Canadians are main, though not
the only, objectors to the draft.