World War II Trivia Q&A
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. January 1: The "United Nations" is established:
26 Allied nations sign a Joint Declaration against the Axis. The
term "United Nations" is first officially used to
describe the Allied pact.
2. January 2: Japanese forces capture Manila. They also take
Cavite naval base, and the American and Filipino troops continue
the retreat. Where are they retreating too?
3. Heavy air attacks on Malta on January 7. It is estimated
that the bomb tonnage dropped on the island is twice that dropped
on what city?
4. On January 12, Japanese invade Indonesia. What island do
they initially land landing on?
5. The German U-boat offensive comes closer to the US shores
on January 13.
6. January 19: Japanese forces take prisoner large numbers of
British troops north of what city?
7. On January 21, Rommel begins a surprising
counter-offensive. His troops, with new reinforcements and tanks,
capture Agedabia, then push north to Beda Fomm. Where Rommel begin
- El Agheila
- El Tovar
- El Mannington
8. What country declares war on the United States and United
Kingdom on January 25?
8. On January 26, the first American forces arrive in Europe.
Where do these early troops land?
- Northern Ireland
9. On December 31, The last organized Allied forces leave
Malaya. How long did the battle last?