Dwight David Eisenhower (World War II and
What do you know about
Dwight David Eisenhower (World
War II and After)?
US World War II
History Made Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the end of the page.
After the attack on Pearl Harbor, Eisenhower took command of the
US Army's 1st Army.
2) What was his first Allied command against the Axis powers?
- North Africa Invasion
- North Italy Invasion
3) On March 6, 1943 Eisenhower replaced the commander U.S. II
Corps. Who was given the command?
- Omar N. Bradley
- George Patton
- Matthew Ridgeway
4) On July 9, 1943, Eisenhower began a new operation.
- Invasion of Sicily
- Battle of Tarawa
- Baltic Invasion
5) During the Invasion of Europe, Eisenhower did
play what role?
- Commanding General, European Theater of Operations (ETOUSA)
- Supreme Allied Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF)
- Naval Commander, Baltic Theater of Operations (BTOUSA)
6) He was charged with planning and carrying out the Allied
assault on the coast of Normandy in June 1944. What was the
operation's code name?
7) On December 20, 1944, Eisenhower was promoted.
What was the
- General of the Army
- Field Marshall
- General of the United States
8) Following the German unconditional surrender on May 8,
1945, Eisenhower was appointed Military Governor of the U.S.
Where was his headquarters?
- Frankfurt am Main
9) What role did Eisenhower serve from 1945 to 1948?
- Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army
- Secretary of the Army
- Secretary of Defense
(Between 1950 and 1952, he is NATO Supreme Commander while on
leave) from 1948 until 1953,
though he was on leave from the university while he served as NATO
From 1948 to 1953, what position did
- President of West Point
- President of Columbia University
- President of University of Kansas