D-Day June 6, 1944
What do you know about
D-Day June 6, 1944?
Try this US World War
History Made Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the end of the page.
What was the code name for the invasion of Europe?
- Operation Olive
- Operation Overlord
- Operation Panda
2) Who commanded the Allied land forces for the
- Bernard Montgomery
- George Patton
- Milton Bradley
3) Eisenhower had tentatively selected June 5 as
the date for the assault.
4) Standing in the way of the Allies was the
English Channel, a crossing which had eluded the Spanish Armada
and Napoleon Bonaparte's Navy. Compounding the invasion efforts
was the extensive ______ _____, ordered by Hitler in his Directive
Fill in the blank.
- Berlin Fence
- Atlantic Wall
- Siegfred Line
5) Just prior to the invasion, General
Eisenhower transmitted a now-historic message to all members of
the Allied Expeditionary Force. It read, in part, "You are
about to embark upon a great _______".
Fill in the blank
6) To help with the invasion, operations were
planed the night before to secure locations to delay any German
What was this operation?
- Airborne operations behind beaches
- Naval bombardment of beaches
- Broadcast surrender announcements
Which is NOT a British beach
What was NOT a American army
division that attacked the Omaha Beach?
- 1st Army Infantry Division
- 29th Army Infantry Division
- 352nd Infantry Division
9) What was the massive concrete cliff-top gun
emplacement that was the target of the 2nd Ranger battalion?
- Pointe du Hoc
- Port au Prince
10) What was the U.S. Army Division that landed
on Utah Beach?
- 2nd Infantry Division
- 4th Infantry Division
- 6th Infantry Division