Choose an answer from the three choices offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. The Sportster is a line of motorcycles produced continuously since
1957 by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. What was the model starting
2. Sportster motorcycles are powered by 45 degree V-twin engines in
which both connecting rods share a common crank pin.
3. Sportsters have transmissions linked to the engine with a
triple-row chain primary drive and a multi-plate cable-operated clutch.
The original models had four speed transmissions. When did the five
speed replace the 4 speed?
4. What year did the Ironhead 1000 cc overhead-valve engine
replaces 900 cc?
5. In 1975, Harley-Davidson switched to left-side gear change. Who
mandated the change?
- Michigan DOT
- US DOT
- UK DOT
6. What year does the 1200 cc engine replaces 1100 cc engine?
7. In 1991, belt drive replaces chain drive on 883 Deluxe and all
8. What year was the belt drive made standard on all Sportster.
9. All-new frame including rubber-mounted engine for decreased
vibration. Elimination of the transmission trap door. What year did both
features come to the Sportster?
10. In 1995, fuel injection replaces carburetion on all models.