Choose an answer from the three choices offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Yamaha Motor Company Limited is a Japanese motorized
vehicle-producing company. Yamaha CEO Genichi Kawakami took Yamaha into
the field of motorized vehicles. What was the date?
- July 1, 1955
- February 6, 1947
- June 7, 1954
2. The first Yamaha motorized product was the YA-1 Motorcycle
(2-stroke, single cylinder, streetbike). It was produced and sold in
Japan. What was the engine size?
3. The first Yamaha Motorcycles sold in the USA were by Cooper
Motors, an independent distributor. The models were the YD1 (250cc,
2-stroke, twin cylinder, streetbike) and MF-1 (50cc, 2-stroke, single
cylinder, streetbike, step-through). What was the year?
4. Yamaha International Corporation began selling motorcycles in the
USA. What was the year?
5. Yamaha's first 4-stroke motorcycle model, the XS-1 (vertical
twin) was introduced in 1970. What was the engine size?
6. The DT series was created by Yamaha in the late 1960s when the
United States motorcycle market was down. Market research by Yamaha
indicated that, despite slow motorcycle sales, there was a largely
untapped market for off-road motorcycles. The
Yamaha DT125 model
debuted in 1968 as a successor of Yamaha DT-1, thus inventing the trail
bike category of motorcycle.
7. The RD350 was a motorcycle produced by Yamaha. It was the premier
sport lightweight of the early 70's and was evolved from the piston port
(pre-reed valve intake tract), front drum-braked, 5 speed Yamaha 350 cc
"R5". How many stroke engine?
- 4 stroke V
- 2 stroke trail
- 2 stroke road
8. Who is the former motorcycle racer and the first American to win
the 500cc Road Racing World Championship. He also won two AMA Grand
National Championships in 1973 and 1974, three consecutive 500cc World
Championships in 1978, 1979 and 1980 along with three victories at the
- Kenny Roberts
- Mike Hailwood
- Giacomo Agostini
9. It is a ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) or quad bike. It is primarily a
sport/racing bike. It has a reputation for huge power and looks. What is
the current model known as?
- The Yamaha Raptor 700R
- The Yamaha Predicator
- The Yamaha Champion Ranger
10. What is a scooter introduced by Yamaha Motor Company in September
2008? It is a 124cc version of its smaller 49cc cousin. Outside the
United States, it is known as the Yamaha BWS 125.
- Zuma 125
- People 125
- Buddy 125