What do you know about the
What Do You Know About the Automobile
"Check Your Answers" at the end of
The Toyota Corolla is a compact car produced by the Japanese automaker
Toyota, which has become very popular throughout the world since the
What year was it first introduced?
2. Exports to the United States began in March 1968. The car sold for
about US $1,700.
3. Besides Standard, what was
NOT a sedan grade?
- High Life
4. What magazine was critical of the 1975 Corolla, calling it
"large and heavy" and "expensive" compared to the
Honda Civic and Datsun B210? They also criticized the "relatively
crude rear suspension", lack of interior space, and poor fuel
economy when compared to the VW Rabbit?
- Road & Track
- Car & Driver
- Back Road Digest
5. The fourth-generation model released in 1979 in Japan, was boxy
and was the last generation to have the entire lineup in
rear-wheel-drive. Although most of the fourth generation was replaced by
1984, the station wagon and van versions were offered into 1987.
6. The Corolla E80 was the fifth generation of cars sold by Toyota
under the Corolla nameplate. In the United States, it was built by NUMMI
in Fremont, California. From 1985 to 1988, NUMMI built a re-badged
version of the Corolla, sold by Chevrolet.
What was the Chevrolet model?
7. The Corolla E90 was the sixth generation of cars sold by Toyota
under the Corolla nameplate. The North American version was built in
Fremont, California. It was also built in another North American plant.
Where was the plant?
- Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Flint, Michigan
- Santa Rosa, Mexico
8. This generation Corolla (E100) was larger, heavier, and visually
more aerodynamic than the model it replaced. Development chief Dr.
Akihiko Saito wanting to develop a 'mini', after success with that
What was the model?
9. From 1993-1997, the Corolla was part of GM's Geo import group,
which was sold through the Chevrolet dealership network. What was the
- Geo Prizm
- Geo Priza
- Geo Medal
10. What is the generation of the Corolla was introduced in October