Ford Mustang (First Generation 1974 - 1973) Trivia
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
What Ford model shared the same frame with the early Mustangs?
2. The low-end model hardtop used a 170 CID (2.8 L) straight-6 engine
and three-speed manual transmission. What the retail price?
3. When Ford began selling the Mustang in Germany, they discovered a
company had already registered the name. The German company offered to
sell the rights for US$10,000. Ford refused and removed the Mustang
badge. What was the German name?
4. The 1967 and 1968 models discontinued the old interior in favor of
a new deluxe interior package, which included special color options,
brushed stainless steel (1967) or woodgrain (1968) trim, seat buttons, a
tilt steering wheel, and special interior paneling. What was the
interior that they discontinue?
- Pony Interior
- Wild West
5. The 1968 Mustang fastback gained popular culture status when used
in the crime thriller Bullitt. Lt. Frank Bullitt drove a modified
Mustang GT-390 fastback. Who plays Frank Bullitt?
- Steve McQueen
- Clint Eastwood
- John Wayne
6. What was the performance model Ford Mustang began in 1969?
7. Created for Trans Am rules what was the Ford Mustang high
performance variant produced in 1969 and 1970.
- Rough Rider 400
- Boss 302
- Ranger 615
8. The Mustang became larger and heavier with each revision,
culminating with the 1971 to 1973 models. Who supervised the designed of
Ford's new products?
- Semon "Bunkie" Knudsen
- Lee Iacocca.
- Bernie Schwartz
9. What was Chrysler�s competitor to the early Mustang?
- Plymouth Barracuda
- Plymouth Valiant
- Dodge Rifleman
10. What rear-engine model did GM believe would compete against the
Mustang, but sold poorly compared to the Mustang?
- Buick Manor
- Pontiac Chieftain
- Chevrolet Corvair Monza