Chevrolet Impala Trivia
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. The Impala was introduced in 1958 as a new, upmarket, sporty trim
package created for Bel Air coupes and convertibles. What was unique to
- Six taillights
- Left steering
- V-6 engine
2. The Impala was restyled on the existing GM B platform for 1961.
The Super Sport (SS) option debuted for 1961.
3. Redesigned again in 1965, the Impala set an all-time industry
annual sales record which has never been bettered. What is the number of
- 1 million
- 5 million
4. In 1971, the redesigned full-size B-body would be the largest
full-size car ever offered by GM. The Impala's sales dropped in 1975,
the weakest since its introduction in 1958. How many units were sold in
- 176,376 units
- 525,632 units
- 758,154 units
5. In 1977, the new downsized Impalas were shorter, taller and
narrower. Production of the downsized model increased substantially.
What was the Impala�s ranking?
6. The Impala name was "resurrected" for the 2000 model
year. What did it replace?
- Monte Carlo
7. The 2006 Impala was introduced at the 2005 Los Angeles Auto Show,
resembling a Caprice. Like the Buick LaCrosse, what is the body platform
used for this model?
- W Platform
- B Platform
- K Platform
8. What nameplate did the Impala replace on the NASCAR circuit?
- Monte Carlo
9. What will be the special package that was available in the spring
- 50th Anniversary Edition
- 25th Anniversary Edition
- 10th Anniversary Edition
10. What was the Impala named after?
- southern African antelope
- Alaskan reindeer
- Mountain Laurel