Chevrolet Corvette Trivia
What do you know about the
Take this quick
Ultimate Car Challenge.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Harley Earl and his Special Projects crew began working on the new car
later that year, which was code named.
What was the code name?
2. WHAT year was the Corvette introduced?
3. GM's engineer Zora Arkus-Duntov simply took the new V8 and backed
it with a three-speed manual transmission. That modification, probably
the single most important in the car's history, helped turn the Corvette
from a two-seat curiosity into a genuine performer.
4. Taking its name from the corvette, a small, maneuverable fighting
ship (the credit for the naming goes to Myron Scott).
WHAT was the ship?
- Aircraft Carrier
5. Because of limiting steel quotas left over from the Korean War,
what was outer body made out of?
- Stainless Steel
6. WHAT was the base price of the Chevrolet Corvette
7. In 1963, Chevrolet introduced the second generation Chevrolet
What was it known as?
- Sting Ray
- Devil Rays
8. The third generation, patterned after Chevrolet's "Mako Shark
II" (designed by Larry Shinoda), started in 1968 and ended in 1982.
9. On October 7, 1953 Vin #51 was delivered to a Hollywood actor. It
is currently on display at the National Automobile Museum (formerly the
Harrah's Collection) in Reno, Nevada.
Who was the actor?
- John Wayne
- James Stewart
- Henry Fonda
10. What early 1960s TV series used the Chevrolet Corvette?
- Get Smart
- Route 66
- Home Alone