Volkswagen Type 1 (Beetle) Trivia
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
In the international poll for the award of the world's most influential
car of the twentieth century, where did the Beetle rank with the Ford
Model T, the Mini, and the Citron DS?
2. All production was halted due to heavy damage sustained in Allied
air raids on the factory. However, much of the essential equipment had
already been moved to underground bunkers for protection, allowing
production to resume quickly once hostilities had ended.
3. The Beetle has made numerous appearances in Hollywood films. What
was the series it was known as Herbie?
- The Love Bug
- He Little Wheeler
- Come Home
4. By June 23, 1992, how many VW Beetles (Type 1) had been produced?
- 21 million
- 50 million
- 100 million
5. The Volkswagen New Beetle is a small family car introduced by
Volkswagen in 1998, drawing heavy inspiration from the design cues of
the original Beetle. Based on a Volkswagen Golf Mk4, it is assembled at
the VW Puebla factory in Germany.
6. Unlike the classic Beetle, the New Beetle has its engine in the
front and luggage storage in the rear.
7. What is the mileage rating on the original VW Type 1 (Beetle) in
the 2003 model?
- 32.5 US MPG
- 37 US MPG
- 45 US MPG
8. What were the Type 1 variant called the , produced from model year
1971 to 1979?
- Squash Bugs
- Super Beetle
- Beetle Maxs
9. In February of 1967, inventor Don P. Dixon of San Antonio, Texas
filed and was ultimately granted a patent for the first unit
specifically designed for the Beetle, which were soon offered by US
- air conditioning
10. Who is credited for once describing the car as 'A little box'.
- Henry Ford II
- Alfred E. Newman
- Dwight Eisenhower