What do you know about the
Volkswagen? Take this quick
What Do You Know About the Automobile
at the end of the quiz.
Where is the world headquarters for Volkswagen?
- New Stanton, PA
- Herndon, Virginia
- Wolfsburg, Germany
2. When was Volkswagen mbH was established?
- May 5, 1936
- May 5, 1937
- May 5, 1938
3. The VW Beetle (Type 1) was one of the first to be evolved with the
aid of a wind tunnel; unlike the Chrysler Airflow, it would be a
4. The Volkswagen factory at Wolfsburg came under UK control in 1945,
it was to be dismantled and shipped to Britain.
Why did the plant remain
- No manufacture in Britain wanted it
- The Soviet Army wanted location
- Destruction from Allied bombing
5. Volkswagens were first exhibited and sold in the United States,
but only sold two units in America that first year.
What year was the
first Beetle sold in the US?
6. Volkswagen of America was formed in April 1955 to standardize
sales and service in the United States.
7. In 1964, Volkswagen succeeded in purchasing Auto Union, and in
1969, NSU Motorenwerke AG (NSU).
What brand did they pick up?
8. There have been five generations of the Volkswagen Golf, the first
of which was produced from the summer of 1974 until the end of 1983.
What was the name in the US and Canada?
9. On July 15,2008 Volkswagen announced that they will construct an
automobile assembly plant.
Where is the location?
- Chattanooga, Tennessee
- New Stanton, Pennsylvania
- Myra, Kentucky
10. Volkswagen of America Inc. promotes its work in developing clean
diesel, and other fuel-efficient technologies, in order to increase U.S.
sales to environmentally conscious consumers. One of the promoting
vehicle is the 2009 clean-diesel Jetta TDI, which has a 16-valve,
four-cylinder common rail direct injection engine which reduces
emissions by 90 percent. Volkswagen also claims that this model has the
advantage of fuel economy in the mid-50s and mid-40s in city conditions.