Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. The Jeep is the first sports utility
vehicle. What was the close second?
- Land Rover
2. The term jeep had been an Army slang
since World War I. However, what is one belief in how this early SUV
became known as a Jeep?
- Eugene the Jeep
3. The first jeep prototype (the Bantam
BRC) was built for the Department of the Army by American Bantam in
Butler, Pennsylvania, followed by two other competing prototypes
produced by Ford and Willys-Overland.
4. Where was one of the first Army
demonstrations of the early Jeep?
- Grand Canyon Trails
- U.S. Capitol front steps
- Camp David
5. What company was later awarded the
sole privilege of owning the name "Jeep" as registered
trademark, by extension, merely because it originally had offered the
most powerful engine.
- Willys-Overland Inc.
- AM General
6. The Jeep was built in the automotive
plant in what city?
- Detroit, Michigan
- Flint, Michigan
- Toledo, Ohio
7. In 1953, Wiley sold Jeep to what auto
- American Motors
- Kaiser Motors
8. Chrysler, the most recent successor
company to Willys, now holds trademark status on the word
"Jeep" and the distinctive 7-slot front grille design. The
original 9-slot grille associated with all WW2 jeeps was designed by
9. What was the first civilian version of
the Jeep known as?
10. The Jeep was redesigned. What was the
model known as?