Pre World War II
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. It was in this period that integrated
fenders and fully-closed bodies began to dominate sales, with the new
sedan body style. What was incorporated a trunk at the rear for storage.
- Rear wheel
- Running boards
2. The first mass-produced ____________
car, built with monocoque techniques, was a technology masterpiece.
(Fill in the blank.)
- Front-wheel drive
- Rear-wheel drive
3. Who introduced this monocoque
4. Ford introduced their powerful engine
in their mainstream model, creating a now-legendary car that dominated
the world market much as the Model T and Model A had done in previous
eras. What was the engine?
5. This sports car for the masses came to
represent the European motoring experience, especially for American
soldiers fighting in the war. What was the auto?
6. What car began production in 1938 and
ended production in 2003?
7. General Motors introduced the first
fully automatic transmission with the 1940 Olds. What was the name of
the automatic transmission
- Auto Trany
- More Power
8. A high-tech and refined automobile for
the remaining rich of the time, the Type 57SC has become the singular
classic car. Who designed this classic car?
- Jean Bugatti
- Ettore Bugatti
- Francis Ford
9. A slang term used to refer to the 1932
Ford coupe, derived from the year of manufacture. What was the term?
- Ace of Aces
- Deuce coupe
10. The last pre-war Oldsmobile rolled
off the assembly line on February 5. What was the year?