Dwight David Eisenhower (President)
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) Who did Eisenhower defeat to become President of the United States?
- Harry S. Truman
- Grover Norquest
- Adlai Stevenson
2) When did he take office
- January 20, 1953
- January 20, 1949
- January 20, 1061
3) Eisenhower was the only general to serve as President in the 20th
4) During his campaign, Eisenhower had promised to end the stalemated
Korean War. He threatened to use nuclear weapons and a cease-fire was
signed in July 1957.
5) Eisenhower promoted the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956. What did
the act create?
- Interstate Highways
- Suez Canal
- St. Lawrence Seaway
6) In 1957, however, he sent federal troops to Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Supreme Court ruling that ordered the desegregation of all public
- The Mann Act against Illegal Immigration
- The flooding the Arkansas River
7) Eisenhower later described this decision as the greatest foreign
policy mistake he made during his time in office. What was the mistake?
- Suez Crisis
- Geneva Conference
- The formation of NASA
8) Several attempts at convening a summit conference were made. The
last attempt failed in 1960 when Nikita Khrushchev withdrew. Why did
- shooting down of an American U-2 spy plane over the Soviet Union
- American troops entering South Vietnam
- The Baghdad Pact with Iraq, Turkey, Pakistan, Iran, and the United
9) Eisenhower was extremely popular during his term as President.
However, how many recessions occurred during his term?
10) On Sept 24, 1955, Eisenhower had a myocardial infarction, keeping
him and the nation's attention on the 8th floor of Fitzsimmons Hospital
for seven weeks.