Old West Lingo Trivia - W
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
Wagging his chin is a cowboy's expression for someone talking a
2) What is a cowboy's expression for good behavior?
- Wagon tools
- Wagon ties
- Wagon manners
3) Walk-a-heap is a Western Indian's name for the Army
4) What the cowboy calls a heavy drinker?
- Whisky clown
- Walking whisky vat
- Whisky devil
5) What was a logger's term for a beggar, especially a bum who begs
drinks in a saloon?
- Wagon master
- Wagon bum
6) Waltz with the lady! It is a cowboy's shout of
encouragement to a rider on a bucking horse.
7) What is a cowman's term for cattle beginning to fatten?
- War stock
- Wash stock
- Warmed-up stock
8) Wash is a Westerner's name for a gulch or ravine.
9) Washing out the canyon is a cowboy's expression for taking
10) What is a cowboy's name for light bread?
- Wash pan
- Water hole
- Wasp nest