Old West Lingo Trivia - V
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
Vaca is a term from the Southwest meaning cow. It is taken from
2) Vamoose is a cowboy's word meaning go,
it is an Americanized form of he Spanish vamos! The cowboy uses it
to mean get the hell out of here.
3) In the Southwest, a common word for any cowboy,
but more particularly for a Mexican cowboy. It is taken from the
Spanish. What is the word?
4) What is a miner's name for nitroglycerin?
5) What is cowboy's name for his bedroll?
- Velvet couch
- Velvet towel
- Velvet rabbit
6) What is the miner's name for the main vein of a
7) Viggerish in dice, it is the house's
8) Vingt-et-un is the original French name
for the game known in the United States as Black Jack or Twenty-one.
9) What does the cowman sometimes calls his town
- Visiting harness
10) What was a miner's name for a cavity in the