Old West Lingo Trivia - R
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
What is a cowboy's expression meaning to dress in one's best?
- Rag house
2) What is a cowboy's expression describing a
fastidious and religiously inclined person?
- Raised on prunes and proverbs
- Raised on hay and grains
- Raised hair and bible
3) Raised on sour milk is a cowboy's
expression describing a cranky or disagreeable person.
4) Ran a butcher shop and got his cattle mixed is
said of a cattle rustler who had been caught.
5) What is a westerner's word for an animal that
is tough and hard to handle?
6) What was a logger's name for a workman who
informs against a fellow worker?
7) Rattle his hocks is a cowboy's expression
meaning to travel fast.
8) What is NOT a term for whisky?
9) What is a cowboy's name for beans?
- River hire
- Rib stickers
- Riding fence
10) Riding the owl-hoot trail is said of an
outlaw, who did much of his riding during the day light.