Old West Lingo Trivia - L
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
What is the logger's name for an employment agent?
- Labor shark
- Labor crook
- Labor saint
2) Lamb licker is a cowboy's name for a
sheepherder, so called from the ewe's habit of licking her newborn lamb.
3) What is the cowboy's term for whisky?
- Kentucky shine
- Barkeep's shine
4) Land on his sombrero is being thrown
form a horse feetfirst.
5) Lawdog is a cowman's name for a sheriff
or a deputy sheriff.
6) What was a name frequently used by the cowman
for a lawyer?
- Law wrangler
- Law honcho
- Law friend
7) Lay for is to lie in wait for; to ambush.
8) What is a cowboy's name for his six gun?
- Lead iron
- Lead chucker
- Lead ammo
9) What is a leather pounder?
10) What was the name given to greenbacks during
stage coaching days?
- Layman's skins
- Light skins
- Lincoln skins