Old West Lingo Trivia - G
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
What is a spittoon in a western saloon, made of a plug-tobacco box
filled with sand or sawdust?
2) What did trappers and traders call bullets?
- Goner ammo
- Galena pills
- Gomer's pills
3) What did cowboy's call a white mule?
- Gambler's ghost
- Gaffer ghost
- Gallows ghost
4) A Gambler's gun was a derringer called because of its
popularity among early-day gamblers.
5) What was the logger's term for a section hand on a railroad in the
woods; also, a pick and shovel man?
- Gandy dancer
- Gougle man
- Gancho dancer
6) A logger's name for a logging camp with poor living accommodations
was garbage can.
7) Get a rise from is a Cowboy expression meaning to make a
8) What was to succeed in one's efforts?
- Get the rifle
- Get the money
- Get the bacon
9) Girth is a Texan's name for a cinch; always pronounced girl.
10) What was a cowboy's name for a carpetbag bought at a store for a