What do you know about the
Potomac River? Explore this Quick US Geography Quiz.
1) How many miles long is the Potomac River
- 383 miles
- 583 miles
- 783 miles
2) What is NOT a state that the Potomac River is the
3) The most distance of the Potomac River is from
Fairfax Stone in West Virginia.
4) What is NOT a source of the Potomac River?
- North Branch
- South Branch
- Tygart Valley River
5) The tributary's of the Potomac River meet near what
- Green Spring, West Virginia
- Hanover, Maryland
- Sharpsburg, Maryland
6) The river's name was officially decided upon as
Potomac by the Board on Geographic Names in what year:
7) For 400 years Maryland and Virginia have disputed
control of the Potomac and its North Branch, since both states' original
colonial charters grant the entire river rather than half of it as is
normally the case with boundary rivers.
8) Where is the Potomac River�s fall line?
- Washington DC
- Great Falls
- Anacostia River
9) The area of the Potomac River around Washington, DC
is known as what?
- The Tidal
- The Great Falls
- The Master River
10) The Potomac River flows into what body of water?
- Wicomico River
- Hudson Bay
- Chesapeake Bay