Super Bowl Trivia
Super Bowl X
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Super Bowl X was played on January 18, 1976 to decide the
National Football League (NFL) champion following the 1975 regular
season. Where was the game played?
- Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California
- Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida
- Tulane Stadium in New Orleans,
2. Who did the Pittsburgh Steelers play
in the AFC championship game to advance to the Super Bowl?
- Miami Dolphins
- Buffalo Bills
- Oakland Raiders
3. Who did the Dallas Cowboy play in
the NFC championship game to advance to the Super Bowl?
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Los Angeles Rams
- New York Giants
4. What was the game day weather
- 46 degrees, cloudy
- 78 degrees, sunny
- 57 degrees, clear
5. Who scored the first points of the
- Drew Pearson (touchdown)
- Franco Harris (touchdown)
- Roy Gerela (field goal)
6. Which TV network broadcast the game?
7. Who was the Super Bowl X MVP?
- Franco Harris
- Terry Bradshaw
- Lynn Swann
8. Scenes from the 1977 movie Bad Day
at Black Rock were filmed during the game.
9. Who was the season rush lead for the
Dallas Cowboys during the 1974 season?
- Preston Pearson
- Rocky Bleier
- Robert Newhouse
10. With 1:22 left in the game,
Staubach started out the drive with an 11-yard scramble to midfield, and
then followed it up with a 12-yard completion to Preston Pearson at the
Steelers 38-yard line. On the next play, Staubach fumbled the snap but
managed to recover the ball and throw it out of bounds. On second down,
he threw a pass intended for Howard in the end zone, but a Hail Mary
replay was not to be. Then on third down, Staubach once again tried to
complete a pass to Howard in the end zone, but the ball was tipped by
Wagner into the arms of safety Glen Edwards for an interception as time
expired, sealing Pittsburgh's victory.