Super Bowl Trivia
Super Bowl III
Choose an answer from the three choices offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. The heavy underdog American Football
League (AFL) champion New York Jets (11-3) defeated the National
Football League (NFL) champion Baltimore Colts (13-1), 16�7. It was
the first Super Bowl victory for the AFL. The game was played January
12, 1969. Where was the location of the game?
- Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida
- Astro Dome in Houston, Texas
- Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California
2. Who was the Super Bowl III MVP?
- Joe Namath
- Johnny Unitas
- Don Maynard
3. Who did the Baltimore Colts play in
the NFL Championship game (winning 34-0)?
- Cleveland Browns
- New York Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Who did the New York Jets beat for
the AFL Championship game (27-23)?
- San Diego Chargers
- Dallas Texans
- Oakland Raiders
5. Who scored the first points in the
- Matt Snell (touchdown)
- Jim Turner (field goal)
- Jerry Hill (touchdown)
6. What was the game�s weather
- 73 degrees, overcast, threat of rain
- 86 degrees, sunny
- 67 degrees, overcast
7. Who was the NBC play-by-play
- Curt Gowdy
- Pat Summerall
- Al Michaels
8. Who was the Baltimore Colt�s head
- Don Shula
- Jerry Hill
- Manny Boggs
9. How many points were the New York
Jets underdogs to the Baltimore Colts?
10. Who sang the national anthem for
Super Bowl III?
- Diana Ross and the Supremes
- Anita Bryant
- The O�Jays