Grammy Song of the Year Award [1970s]
the Grammy Song Winner (awarded to songwriter) from the five choices
offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Who was the 1979 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb & Maurice Gibb for Stayin' Alive
- Billy Joel for Just the Way You Are
- Lionel Richie for Three Times a Lady
- Neil Diamond, Alan Bergman & Marilyn Bergman for You Don't
Bring Me Flowers
- Randy Goodrum for You Need Me
2. Who was the 1978 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Allen Toussaint for Southern Nights
- Barbra Streisand & Paul Williams for Love Theme from A Star
Is Born (Evergreen) and Joe Brooks for You Light Up My Life
- Don Felder, Don Henley & Glenn Frey for Hotel California
- Marvin Hamlisch & Carole Bayer Sager for Nobody Does It
- Richard Leigh for Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
3. Who was the 1977 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Bill Danoff for Afternoon Delight
- Bruce Johnston for I Write the Songs performed by Barry
- Gordon Lightfoot for The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
- Leon Russell for This Masquerade
- Neil Sedaka & Howard Greenfield for Breaking Up Is Hard to
4. Who was the 1976 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Janis Ian for At Seventeen
- Larry Weiss for Rhinestone Cowboy
- Morris Albert for Feelings
- Neil Sedaka & Howard Greenfield for Love Will Keep Us
- Stephen Sondheim for Send in the Clowns
5. Who was the 1975 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- David Nichtern for Midnight at the Oasis
- Gene McDaniels for Feel Like Makin' Love
- Jeff Barry & Peter Allen for I Honestly Love You
- Marilyn Bergman, Alan Bergman & Marvin Hamlisch for The Way
- Paul Williams & Ken Ascher for You and Me Against the World
6. Who was the 1974 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Irwin Levine & L. Russell Brown for Tie a Yellow Ribbon
Round the Ole Oak Tree
- Kenny O'Dell for Behind Closed Doors
- Norman Gimbel & Charles Fox for Killing Me Softly with His
- Stevie Wonder for You Are the Sunshine of My Life
7. Who was the 1973 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Don McLean for American Pie
- Ewan MacColl for The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Gilbert O'Sullivan for Alone Again (Naturally)
- Marilyn Bergman, Alan Bergman & Michel Legrand for The
- Neil Diamond for Song Sung Blue
8. Who was the 1972 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Carole King for You've Got a Friend
- Joe South for (I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden
- Kris Kristofferson & Fred Foster for Me and Bobby McGee
- Kris Kristofferson for Help Me Make It Through the Night
- Sid Wayne & Armando Manzanero for It's Impossible
9. Who was the 1971 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- James Taylor for Fire and Rain
- John Lennon & Paul McCartney for Let it Be
- Paul Simon for Bridge over Troubled Water
- Ray Stevens for Everything Is Beautiful
- Roger Nichols & Paul Williams for We've Only Just Begun
10. Who was the 1970 Grammy Song of the Year Winner?
- Burt Bacharach & Hal David for I'll Never Fall in Love
- Burt Bacharach & Hal David for Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My
- David Clayton-Thomas for Spinning Wheel
- Joe South for Games People Play
- Larry Kusik, Eddie Snyder & Nino Rota for A Time For Us