Name the #1 Hit 
Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. B.J. Thomas has the first #1 song in 1970. Name the song?
- Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head
- I Hear the Thunder Comin�
- The Falls of Columbia
2. Who had their first Motown hit in 1970 with the song �I Want
You Back.� Who is the artist?
- Gladys Knight & the Pips
- Diana Ross
- Jackson 5
3. Shocking Blue was a Dutch rock band from The Hague formed in
1967. Their biggest hit, went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in February
1970, and the group disbanded in 1974. Name the song?
- Come Back to Me
- Mariska�s Song
4. Simon and Garfunkel had a hit song in 1970 that stay #1 for 6
weeks. Name the song?
- Bridge over Troubled Water
- Mrs. Robinson
- Cry Me a River
5. April 11 and April 18, the Beatles had a #1 song. Name the song?
- Let It Be
- The Long and Winding Road
- My Sweet Lord
6. For two weeks in July 1970, Three Dog Night had the #1 hit. Name
- Eli's Coming
- Mama Told Me (Not to Come)
7. This was a four week chart topper by The Carpenters. Name the
- (They Long to Be) Close to You
- Please Mr. Postman
- There's A Kind Of Hush (All Over The World)
8. On August 22, Bread becomes a major act, hitting the mainstream
with a #1 hit. Name the song?
- Make It With You
- It Don't Matter to Me
- The Guitar Man
9. This TV family had their first # 1 hit in 1970. Name this
Partridge Family song/
- I'll Meet You Halfway
- I Woke Up in Love This Morning
- I think I Love You
10. Sixteen of the Miracles' songs charted within the Top 20 of the
Billboard Hot 100, with seven songs charting within the Top Ten and two
- one in 1970 and 1975's "Love Machine" (Part 1) reaching
number-one. Name the 1970�s #1 song?
- Shop Around
- I Second That Emotion
- The Tears of a Clown