the #1 Hit 
Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. On January 7th, name the #1 hit?
- �Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer�
- �Days of Wine and Roses�
- �Montezume�s March�
2. For four weeks starting January 14th, the Andrew Sisters had the
#1 hit. Name the #1 hit?
- �Hey, Good Looking�
- �I Can Dream, Can't I?�
3. On February 11th, the Ames Brothers hit #1. Name the #1 hit?
- �My Mama�
- �Rowdy�s Day�
- �Rag Mop�
4. Country singer Red Foley had the #1 song for 4 weeks beginning
February 18th. Name the #1 hit?
- �Mountain Man�
- �The Boys In Blue�
- �Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy�
5. Teresa Brewer recorded a record called "Copenhagen"
with the Dixieland All-Stars. The B side was a song written by Stephen
Weiss and Bernie Baum. The B-side became her #1 hit on March 18th. Name the #1 hit?
- �Music! Music! Music!�
- �Stand By Your Man�
- �Comin� Home�
6. On April 15 and April 22, Eileen Barton had the #1 hit. Name the #1 hit?
- "If I Knew You Were Comin' (I'd've Baked a Cake)"
- �The Easter Bunny�
- �Ain't Misbehavin'�
7. On April 29th, this song hit #1 and held the position for 11
weeks. It was recorded by Anton Karas. Name the #1 hit?
- �The Third Man Theme�
- �Come Back, Kid�
- �CoJac Theme�
8. On June 25, Nat King Cole had a #1 song for 4 weeks. Name the #1 hit?
- �Mona Lisa�
- �Straighten Up and Fly Right�
9. Gordon Jenkins and The Weavers hit the #1 spot on August 19th.
The song stayed there on the charts for 13 weeks. Name the #1 hit?
- �Goodnight, Irene�
- �Kisses Sweeter than Wine�
- �Rock Island Line�
10. On December 30th, Patti Page had her biggest �#1 hit. Name the #1 hit?
- "All My Love"
- "The Tennessee Waltz"
- �(How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window?�
Check Your Answers
- 1. �Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer�
- 2. �I Can Dream, Can't I?�
- 3. �Rag Mop�
- 4. �Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy�
- 5. �Music! Music! Music!�
- 6. �If I Knew You Were Comin' (I'd've Baked a Cake)�
- 7. �The Third Man Theme�
- 8. �Mona Lisa�
- 9. �Goodnight, Irene�
- 10. "The Tennessee Waltz"
1 page of 1