I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
What do you know about "I
Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)"? Try this Alan's FUN
Greatest Hits Quick Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the bottom of the page.
Who did NOT write the song?
- Brian Holland
- Lamont Dozier
- Johnny Dyson
2) It was the #1 song on the Billboard Hot
100 for two non-consecutive weeks. Who replaced the song the first time
on the chart?
- "Mr. Tambourine Man" by The Byrds
- "Back in My Arms Again" by The
- "I'll Be Doggone" by Marvin Gaye
3) On June 26, 1965 the song returns to the top
spot before being replaced by "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
by The Rolling Stones.
3) Who sings lead on the song?
- Jackie Hicks
- Marlene Barrow
- Levi Stubbs
4) Who does NOT provide Background
Vocals for the song?
- Abdul "Duke" Fakir
- Renaldo "Obie" Benson
- Mary Wilson
5) Rolling Stone magazine ranked the song
#415 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
6) Who provided the song's Instrumentation?
- The Funk Brothers
- The Motown Groove
- The Detroit Wheels
7) What was the length of the song?
8) The Detroit Symphony Orchestra provide the
strings instrumentation in the song?
9) In 1980, who had a crossover hit, with the
song, peaking at #40 on the pop singles chart, #42 on the soul singles
chart, and #4 on the dance charts.
- Chrissie Hynes
- Bonnie Pointer
- Whitney Houston
10) During the 1980s the song (using the original
Four Tops arrangement) was featured in a popular commercial for
Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal in the United Kingdom. What was the name
of the mascot that sang the song?
- Levi Bee
- Barey Bee
- Honey Bunch