Michael Jackson: The Early Years Trivia
What do you know about Michael
Jackson: The Early Years? Try this Alan's FUN Rock & Roll Trivia
quiz. You’ll find the answers at the bottom of the page.
Michael Joseph Jackson is born August 29, 1958 in an industrial suburb
of Chicago. He is the son of African-American parents Joseph Walter
"Joe" Jackson and Katherine Esther Scruse. What is the Chicago
suburb he is born in?
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Springfield, Illinois
- Gary, Indiana
2) Michael is the seventh of nine children. His
siblings are Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, La Toya, Marlon, Randy and
3) Joseph Jackson is a steel mill employee who
often performs in an R&B band with his brother Luther. What is the
name of the R&B band?
- The Falcons
- The Rhythm Kings
- The R&B Makers
4) Jackson was raised as a Jehovah's Witness by
his devout mother.
5) Michael first speaks openly about his childhood
abuse in a 1993 interview. He says that during his childhood he often
cries from loneliness and will sometimes start to vomit upon seeing his
father. Who is the interview with?
- Bill Cosby
- Oprah Winfrey
- Johnny Carson
6) Michael shows musical talent early in his life,
performing in front of classmates and others during a Christmas recital
at the age of five.
7) In 1964, Michael and Marlon join the Jackson
Brothers, a band formed by brothers Jackie, Tito and Jermaine, as backup
musicians. What does Michael play?
- Bass guitar
- Rhythm guitar
8) The band tours the Midwest extensively from
1966 to 1968. The band frequently performs at a string of black clubs
and venues collectively, where they often open for stripteases and other
adult acts. What is the circuit known as?
- "chitlin' circuit"
- "rock n' roll circuit"
- "samplin' circuit"
9) A magazine later describes the young Michael as
"a prodigy" with "overwhelming musical gifts",
noting that Michael "quickly emerged as the main draw and lead
singer" after he begins to dance and sing with his brothers. What
is the magazine?
10) When did the Jackson 5 sign with Motown