Born: March 30, 1945
What do you know about Eric
Clapton? Take this
Rock and Roll History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
At what age did Clapton begin to play the guitar?
- 13 years old
- 15 years old
- 17 years old
2) What group was he a member from late 1963 to March 1965?
3) What group did John Mayall ask Clapton to join in the spring of
- Mad Hatters
4) With Clapton, who was NOT a member of Cream?
- Ginger Baker
- Jack Bruce
- Steve Winwood
5) Clapton contributed lead fills to the Beatles' "While My
Guitar Gently Weeps."
6) What song from his first solo album Eric Clapton hit #18 on
the US charts?
- "After Midnight"
- "Tell Me When"
7) Clapton formed a studio band Derek and the Dominos. What song hit
#16 in the 1970's chart?
- "Late One Night"
8) In 1974, what was Clapton's #1 hit and a cover for Bob Marley's
- "I Shot the Sheriff"
- "I Can't Stand It"
- "Lay Down Sally"
9) On March 20, 1991, Clapton's four-and-a-half year old son, Conor,
died after falling over 50 stories through a window in his mother's
10) From the MTV series Unplugged, Clapton had two hit songs.
What was NOT one of the hits?
- "Country Roads"
- "Tears in Heaven"