Choose an answer from the three
choices and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
David Gates, Jimmy Griffin, and Robb Royer joined together in 1968 and
signed with Elektra Records. The three worked in another group. What was
the groups name?
- Rolling Rocks
- The Pleasure Fair
- Come Home
2. Their first single was released in June 1969. What was the
- Dismal Day
- Cry Me A River
- Hang Ten
3. Their debut album,
Bread, was released in September 1969
and peaked at #127 on the Billboard 200. Songwriting on the album was
split evenly between Gates and the team of Griffin-Royer.
4. In 1970, the released their second album. What the
- On The Waters
- Come To the Rich Life
5. What was their first #1 hit?
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- I Remember You
- Make It With You
6. Robb Royer left the group in 1971. Who replaced him?
- Larry Knechtel
- William Boyd
- Mark Reynolds
7. David Gates wrote this song in 1971. Although frequently taken
for a romantic love song, it was actually Gates' tribute to his father
after the latter's death. Name the song?
- "Everything I Own"
- "You Mean Everything"
- "I'm Telling You"
8. Lost Without Your Love was the sixth and last "studio
album" released by Bread in 1977.
9. In 1994 Royer, Griffin & Knechtel reteamed under the name
Half a Loaf.
10. Having settled their differences, Gates, Griffin, Botts and
Knechtel reunited Bread for a successful "25th Anniversary" tour of
the United States, South Africa, Europe and Asia. What was the year?
- 1. The Pleasure Fair
- 2. Dismal Day
- 3. True
- 4. On The Waters
- 5. Make It With You
- 6. Larry Knechtel
- 7. "Everything I Own"
- 8. True
- 9. False. It was Toast.
- 10. 1996
1 page of 1