The Rolling Stones 2
Choose an answer from the three
choices and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. By the
release of Beggars Banquet, Brian Jones was troubled and
contributing only sporadically to the band. He even was refused a US
visa. Who replaced him in the band?
- Mick Taylor
- Otis Redding
- Willie Dixon
2. On June 8, 1969, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Charlie Watts
fired Brian Jones from the Rolling Stones.
3. On July 3, 1969, Jones drowned in the pool at his Cotchford Farm
home in Sussex.
4. The Rolling Stones were scheduled to play at a free concert in
London's Hyde Park two days after Brian Jones' death; they decided to
proceed with the show as a tribute to Jones. The performance was filmed
by a Granada Television production team, to be shown on British
television as Stones in the Park. They played their new release
at the concert. What was the song?
- �Faithfully Yours�
- �Right Me When I�m Wrong�
- �Honky Tonk Woman�
5. Just after the tour the band also staged the Altamont Free
Concert, at the Altamont Speedway, east of San Francisco. The security
group stabbed and beaten to death a fan, Meredith Hunter. Who provided
- Hells Angels
- Army Special Forces
- Pinkerton Detective Agency
6. What 2007 film did Keith Richards make a cameo appearance?
- As the World Turns
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
8. In 1971, The Stones formed their own record company. What was
their release on the new label?
The Stones Live
8. In 1974, Mick Taylor left the band. Who replaced him?
- Peter Framton
- Jeff Beck
- Ron Wood
9. Beside being the Rolling Stones� drummer, Charlie Watts is
trained in another profession. What is it?
- Commercial artist
- Landscape architect
- Airline pilot
10. Early in their writing career, Jagger and Richards wrote, �As
Tears Go By.� Who recorded the song and had a hit with it?
- Dusty Springfield
- Alice Tatum
- Marianne Faithfull