Elton John 2
Choose an answer from the three
choices and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. In 1974, who did Elton collaborate with?
- John Lennon
- Paul McCartney
- Brian Wilson
2. In the movie Tommy, what character did Elton play?
- Pinball Wizard
- Captain Fantastic
- Ranger Man
3. His biggest success in 1976 was the "Don't Go Breaking My
Heart", a peppy duet with Kiki Dee that topped both the American
and British charts.
4. Finally, in an interview with
Rolling Stone that year
entitled "Elton's Frank Talk", a stressed John stated his
sexual preference. What was it?
5. In 1984, who did Elton marry?
- Kiki Dee
- Renate Blauel
- Andrea Richards
6. John was deeply affected by the plight of Ryan White, an Indiana
teenager with AIDS. Along with Michael Jackson, John befriended and
supported the boy and his family until White's death in 1990. Himself a
mess and confronted by his then-lover, John checked into a Chicago
hospital in 1990 to combat his drug abuse, alcoholism, and bulimia.
7. The 1991 film documentary described the unusual writing style that
John and Bernie Taupin use, which involves Taupin writing the lyrics on
his own, and John then putting them to music, with the two never in the
same room during the process. What was the film�s name?
Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
- I'm Always Right
- Two Rooms
8. A longtime tennis enthusiast, John wrote a song in tribute to
longtime friend Billie Jean King and her World Team Tennis franchise of
the same name. What was the song?
- Philadelphia Freedom
- The Ace of Strokes
- New York Monarchs
9. What was the nickname Rod Stewart gave Elton John
10. In 1995 Elton won - Best Original Song for "Can You Feel The
Love Tonight" from The Lion King (award shared with Bernie Taupin).
Elton John 2
- 2. Pinball Wizard
- 3. True
- 4. Bisexual
- 5. Renate Blauel
- 6. True
- 7. Two Rooms
- 8. Philadelphia Freedom
- 9. Sharon
- 10. False. He won the award with lyrist Tim Rice.