Elton John 1
Choose an answer from the three
choices and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. What is Sir Elton Hercules John CBE birth name?
- Stanley Dwight
- Reginald Dwight
- Richard James
2. The name Elton John came from two members of a group he helped
form. What was the group's name?
- Ryders in the Sky
- Soul Train
3. What was the first Elton John and Bernie Taupin song recorded?
- New Musical
4. What was Elton�s first song to hit the US Top Ten?
- Border Song
- Number One
- Your Song
5. What was the hit song from the album �Madman Across the Water�?
- Lonely Numbers
6. Who was NOT a member on the Elton John Band.
- Davey Johnstone
- Nigel Olsson
- Mark Reynolds
7. What was Elton�s first Number 1 US hit?
- Crocodile Rock
- Rain Man
8. In May 1972, he legally changed his name by deed poll to Elton
- True or False?
9. What is NOT a song from
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road?
- Bennie and the Jets
- Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
- This Song Is About You
10. John then formed his own MCA-distributed label Mansfield Records
and signed acts to it � notably Neil Sedaka ("Bad Blood", on
which he sang background vocals) and Kiki Dee � in which he took
- 2. Bluesology
- 3. Scarecrow
- 4. Your Song
- 5. Levon
- 6. Mark Reynolds
- 7. Crocodile Rock
- 8. True
- 9. This Song Is About You
- 10. False. It was Rocket Records.