Choose an answer from the three
choices and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. John and his brother, Tom Fogerty,
Doug Clifford, and Stu Cook formed the band in El Cerrito, California in
the late 1950s as Tommy Fogerty and the Revivials.
2. What was the groups first hit?
- Talking Heads
- Wish It Was True
- Suzie Q
3. John Fogerty served in the U.S. Army
4. Who wrote Proud Mary?
- John Fogerty
- Ike and Tina Turner
- Tom Fogerty and Stu Cook
5. For years, John Fogerty refused to
play any Creedence Clearwater Songs. What was the main reason?
- Feud with Fantasy Records.
- Forgot the words.
- Didn't want to pay royalties.
6. In 1985, John Fogerty again hit the
charts with a hit album. What was the name of the album?
- Dark Night
- Oh, Come Out
7. Creedence Clearwater Revival was
inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
8. John returned with 1997's a new
album, which won the Grammy for Best Rock album in 1997. What he title?
- Creedence Song
- Blue Moon Swamp
9. British band Status Quo's version of
which was a huge hit all over the world (except the USA). The cover of
Fogerty's song was chosen to open Live Aid and, being a favorite of
Princess Diana, was included in the Concert for Diana.
- Rockin' All Over the World
- Evil Eyes
- Natural Thing
10. On June 9, 2005, Fogerty was
inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame alongside Bill Withers, Steve
Cropper, Robert B. Sherman, Richard M. Sherman, Isaac Hayes and David
1) False. The correct answers is the Blue
Velvets. 2) C. 3) True 4) A. 5) A. 6) A.
7) A. 8) B. 9) A. 10) True