What do you know about Chuck
FANatical About Music Trivia Quiz.
Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
Who said, "If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might
call it "Chuck Berry"."
2) At 18, Chuck was sent to the Intermediate
Reformatory for Young Men at Algoa, near Jefferson, Missouri.
he convicted of?
3) What was Chuck first hit song?
By the Time I Get to Phoenix
Hello, Daisy Lou
4) In 1959, Chuck appeared in a movie, which
included a speaking role, playing himself.
What is the movie?
Black Board Jungle
Rock and Roll Music
Go, Johnny, Go!
5) In 1959, Chuck was convicted under the Mann Act
and sentenced to five years in prison. In 1963, he was released.
However, coming out of prison his singing career continued like he had
never left. About this time, the British Invasion began.
British group that did not cover one of Chuck's songs.
6) In 1972, Chuck had a #1 single.
What is this
Oh Chuck Baby, How Could You
Louie to Frisco
7) In the 1970s Berry toured on the basis of his
earlier successes. He was on the road for many years, carrying only his
Gibson guitar, confident that he could hire a band that already knew his
music no matter where he went.
Who was NOT a member of one of
these backup groups?
8) Who said, "It's hard for me to induct Chuck
Berry, because I lifted every lick he ever played!"?
9) What group's song resembled
Berry's Sweet Little Sixteen so closely that they were forced to give Berry a
co-writing credit in order to avoid a lawsuit?
Surfin' USA, Beach Boys
Highway 61 Revisited, Bob Dylan
Ballad of Easy Rider, the Byrds
10) What street in St. Louis was Chuck born on?