Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Who is the person credited in designing Barbie dolls along with help from
engineer Jack Ryan?
- Cathy Herman
- Ruth Handler
- Rose McRyan
2. Who was the company that originally made
the Barbie dolls?
3. The creator had an idea for an
adult-figured doll. Her husband did not like the idea. However, on a trip
to Germany in 1956, she discovered an adult figured doll. What was the
- Bild Lilli
- Silke Knaak
- Lilli Marlene
4. Barbie debuts at the American
International Toy Fair in New York. What was the date?
- March 9, 1958
- March 9, 1959
- March 9, 1960
5. The first Barbie doll wore a black and
white zebra striped swimsuit and signature topknot ponytail, and was
available as in several hair colors. What is NOT a hair
6. The first Barbie dolls were manufactured
in what country?
7. Barbie was one of the first toys to have
a marketing strategy based extensively on one media advertising, which has
been copied widely by other toys. What is the media?
8. What is Barbie�s full name?
- Barbara Ann Handler
- Barbara Millicent Roberts
- Barbara Jean Martin
9. Barbie bought the rights to the German
doll and the production stopped. What year was the purchase?
10. According to the maker, how many
Barbies are sold a second?
- 3 per second
- 6 per second
- 9 per second
This image is used to illustrate the Barbie