One Hit Wonders in 1970 Trivia
These are singers who had one major hit on the
American Billboard Charts, then slid away from slight. Good luck with
the quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
"Venus" by Shocking Blue became a No, 1 pop hit on February 7,
1970. Where was the group from?
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Berlin, Germany
- Paris, France
2. What ranking did "Hey There Lonely
Girl" by Eddie Holman peak at on February 21, 1970?
3. "The Rapper" by Jaggerz became a No.
2 hit on March 21, 1970. Where was the pop/rock band Jaggerz from?
- Oakland, California
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4. On May 23, 1970, The Color Purple had a No. 2
hit with "Vehicle".
5. Mountain had a No. 3 pop chart hit with
"Mississippi Queen" on April 18, 1970. Who was NOT
a member of the group?
- Leslie West
- Corky Laing
- Mark Reynolds
6. Who had the No. 3 pop chart hit "In the
Summertime" on September 12, 1970?
- Melody Maker
- The Cold Blues
- Mungo Jerry
7. "Ride Captain Ride" was the No. 4 pop
chart hit on July 11, 1970 by Blues Image. Blues Image was formed in
1966 by singer-guitarist Mike Pinera, singer-drummer Manuel
"Manny" Bertematti, singer-percussionist Joe Lala and bassist
Malcolm Jones. Where were they from?
- Tampa, Florida
- Long Beach, California
- San Francisco, California
8. Free had a No. 4 pop chart hit with "All
Right Now" on October 17, 1970. Beside being a member of Free, what
group was Paul Rodgers a member of?
- Iron Horse
- Iron Butterfly
- Bad Company
9. Edison Lighthouse had a No. 5 pop chart hit on
March 28, 1970. What was the song?
- "Hey There Lonely Girl"
- "Love Grows (Where My Rosemary
- "Where they All Go To"
10. On November 14, 1970, "Indiana Wants
Me" by R. Dean Taylor become a No. 5 pop chart hit. R. Dean Taylor
was born in South Bend, Indiana.