One Hit Wonders in 1960 Trivia
These are singers who had one major hit on the
American Billboard Charts, then slid away from slight. Good luck with
the quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
"Teen Angel" was a No. 1 hit for Mark Dinning. How long was it
at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart?
2. The Hollywood Argyles had a No. 1 hit on July 11, 1960. What was
- "Alley Oop"
- "Go Away Mr. Bill"
- "Refuse to Let You Go"
3. "Mr. Custer" was a No. 1 hit on October 10, 1960. Who
sang the song?
- Red Williams
- Mike McWeeney
- Larry Verne
4. On November 21, 1960, "Stay" was a No. 1 hit for Maurice
Williams and the Zodiacs. Williams finished high school and while on the
road with the band (after their station wagon broke down in Bluefield,
West Virginia), the band came across a small car known as "The
Zodiac" and the band changed their name.
5. On August 1, 1960, "You Talk Too Much" became a No. 3
pop chart hit. Who sang the song?
- Seth Hall
- Joe Jones
- Ivan "Boogaloo Joe" Jones)
6. "He'll Have To Stay" hit No. 4 on the pop hit chart on
May 30, 1960. Jeanne Black sang the song to answer the hit "He'll
Have to Go". Who sang the hit "He'll Have to Go"?
- Jim Reeves
- Jimmy Dean
- Dean Martin
7. On July 11, 1960, The Fendermen had a song hit No. 5 on the pop
chart. What was the song?
- "Right On, Brother"
- "Hello, I Love You"
- "Mule Skinner Blues"
8. "A Million To One" peaks on the pop chart at No. 5. Who
sang the song?
- Brian Lee
- Steve Goddard
- Jimmy Charles
9. "Sailor (Your Home Is the Sea)" was a No. 5 pop chart
hit for Lolita on December 19, 1960. "Sailor" was one of but a
handful of records sung in a language other than English to have been
successful in the mainstream American market.
10. "Image Of a Girl" charts on August 1, 1960 at No. 6.
Who sang the song?
- The Safaris
- The Targets
- The Hang Tens