1932 In Music Trivia Quiz
What do you know about 1932 In Music? Try this
Alan's FUN Greatest Hits Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
On October 19, Frankie Laine and Ruthie Smith set the all-time dance
marathon record of 3,501 hours (145 days) at the Million Dollar Pier in
Atlantic City, New Jersey.
2) Who is the actress, singer, and dancer born on
April 1, 1932?
3) What was
NOT a Blues Hit by Big Bill
"Worrying You Off My Mind"
"Winnie The Wailer"
4) Gay Divorce Broadway musical production
opened at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre on November 29 and transferred to
the Shubert Theatre on January 16, 1933 for a total run of 248
Who played the lead Guy Holden?
5) "In A Shanty In Old Shanty Town" by
Ted Lewis & His Band was a hit record in 1932.
6) "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got
That Swing)" is a composition by Duke Ellington with lyrics by
Irving Mills, now accepted as a jazz standard. The music was written and
arranged by during intermissions at Chicago's Lincoln Tavern and was
first recorded by Ellington and his orchestra for Brunswick Records (Br
6265) on February 2, 1932.
7) Rudy Vallee had a Hit with "Brother, Can
You Spare a Dime?".
Who also had a hit with the song?
8) Who had a Hit with "I Can't Get
Mississippi Off My Mind"?
Billy Cotton Band
9) Who had the Hit with "Was That the Human
Thing To Do?"?
The Boswell Sisters
The Andrew Sisters
The Angel Girls
10) Born on February 26, 1932, he was an American
singer-songwriter and one of the most influential musicians of the 20th
century. His first Hit single was "I Walk the Line" in 1956.
Who is the American singer-songwriter?