1961 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 1961 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
This is a 1961 single by The Miracles (credited as "The Miracles
featuring Bill 'Smokey' Robinson") for the Tamla (Motown) label. It
is notable as being the label's first #1 hit on the Billboard magazine
R&B singles chart, and also hit #2 on the Hot 100.
What is the
"There's No Other Like My Baby"
2) Who is the comedian and pianist that dies on
3) On June 14, she is hospitalized from a head-on
car collision. While in the hospital, the song "I Fall to
Pieces" becomes a big Country/Pop crossover hit for her.
Who is the
4) What is a song written by U.S. singer Gene
Pitney and Cayet Mangiaracina and performed by Ricky Nelson in 1961?
"Fool No. 1"
"Hello Mary Lou"
"It Will Stand"
5) Who is an American rock singer-songwriter and
musician born May 29, 1961 in Leavenworth, Kansas
Melissa Lou Etheridge
6) How To Succeed In Business Without Really
Trying (Music and Lyrics: Frank Loesser Book: Abe Burrows, Jack
Weinstein and Willie Gilbert) - Broadway production opened at the 46th
Street Theatre on October 14 and ran for 1417 performances. In the
original cast, who played J. Pierrepont Finch?
Charles Nelson Reilly
7) On February 13, Lawrence Welk has a #1 Hit for
What is the song?
8) On November 6, who hits #1 for five weeks with
"Big Bad John."
9) "Tossin' and Turnin'" becomes a #1
Hit on July 10. Who has the #1 Hit?
10) On December 8, what group release their debut
45-rpm single: Surfin'/Luau on the small California label Candix
Jan and Dean
The Righteous Brothers