1960 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 1960 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
On January 14, who was promoted to Sergeant in the U.S. Army?
2) On August 1, The Beatles make their debut in
Hamburg, Germany. The band at the time included John Lennon, Paul
McCartney, George Harrison, Stu Sutcliffe on bass and Pete Best on
3) Who had the first #1 Hit in 1960 for two weeks
on January 4 and January 11 with "El Paso"?
4) This Broadway production opened at the Martin
Beck Theatre on April 14 and ran for 607 performances. The book is by
Michael Stewart, lyrics by Lee Adams, and music by Charles Strouse.
is the musical?
Bye Bye Birdie
5) High Time is a 1960 collegiate comedic
film, directed by Blake Edwards and starring Bing Crosby, Fabian,
Tuesday Weld and Yvonne Craig.
6) On Saturday, April 16, 1960, at about 11:50
p.m., while on tour in the United Kingdom, a 21-year-old American rock
and roll musician died in a traffic accident in a taxi traveling through
Chippenham, Wiltshire, England on the A4.
Who was the rock and roll
7) Who was the rock band lead singer born on May
10 in Dublin, Ireland?
8) "Cathy's Clown" was a #1 Hit for
Who had the Hit?
Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs
The Everly Brothers
9) In August 1960, Brian Hyland scored his first
and biggest hit single, "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot
How old was Brian Hyland?
10) What is NOT a 1960's Hit for Brenda
"I Want to Be Wanted"
"Everybody's Somebody's Fool"