1940 In Music Trivia Quiz
What do you know about 1940 In Music?
Alan's FANatical About Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
1) In January -
who joins the Tommy Dorsey
2) On July 20, Billboard magazine publishes its
first "Music Popularity Chart".
3) Who was an American R&B and soul
singer-songwriter, record producer, and former record executive born
February 19, 1940?
4) "When You Wish upon a Star" is a
popular song written by Ned Washington and Leigh Harline and introduced
in the 1940 Walt Disney movie Pinocchio, where it is sung by the
character of Jiminy Cricket, over the opening credits and again in the
final scene of the film. The song won the Academy Award for Best
Original Song that year.
Who was the voice of Jiminy Cricket singing the
5) "Blueberry Hill" is a popular song
published in 1940. The music was written by Vincent Rose, the lyrics by
Al Lewis and Larry Stock. It was recorded six times in 1940.
Who had a
6) What is NOT a Bing Crosby Hit record?
"New San Antonio Rose"
7) It was a 1940 biographical film of the life of
the singer and actress. It starred Alice Faye, Don Ameche, Henry Fonda
and Eddie Foy Jr.
What is the film?
8) "The Woodpecker Song (Reginella
Campagnola)" Italian Lyric by C. Bruno DiLazzare. M usic by Eldo Di
Lazzaro 1939 English Lyrics by Harold Adamson was a hit recorded by
Glenn Miller, Kate Smith and the Andrew Sisters in 1940.
9) He is regarded as one of the most influential
jazz musicians of the 20th century. Who is this American jazz pianist
and composer born on April 12?
10) What Beatle is
NOT born in 1940?