1920 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 1920 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
Mamie Smith's first blues recordings become a hit, alerting record
companies to the African American market.
2) Who had a Hit record with "I've Got My
Captain Working For Me Now"?
3) Who was the singer and songwriter born on May
4) The Night Boat Broadway production
opened at the Liberty Theatre on February 2 and ran for 318
Who made her first Broadway appearance as a member of the
5) The Paul Whiteman's Orchestra had a Hit record
What is the song?
6) "Jellybean" is a song written by
Jimmie Dupre, Sam Rosen, and Joe Verges.
7) Ziegfeld Follies of 1920 Broadway revue
opened at the New Amsterdam Theatre on June 22 and ran for 123
Who was NOT a performer that year?
8) On December 6, jazz musician Dave Brubeck was
9) Sally Broadway production opened at the
New Amsterdam Theatre on December 21 and ran for 570 performances. The
show was designed as the musical comedy debut of a 22-year old Ziegfeld
Follies girl. Who was the Ziegfeld Follies girl?
Jeannie C. Riley
10) Who published, in 1920, "I'll See You In