1979 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 1979 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
Who had the first #1 hit in 1979?
The Bee Gees
2) On February 10, Rod Stewart's "Do Ya
Think I'm Sexy" hits #1 on the Billboard magazine charts, and stays
there for 4 weeks.
3) On March 27, Eric Clapton marries Patti Boyd.
Who is she the ex-wife of?
4) On August 25, "My Sharona" by The
Knack hits #1 on the Billboard charts. This is the first time in over a
year that a song hits #1 that is not either a disco song or a ballad. It
remains at #1 for six weeks.
5) Who was the singer-songwriter and actress born
on February 21?
Jennifer Love Hewitt
6) Who had the #1 hit on October 20 for
7) On July 12, who is the singer/songwriter best
known for her 1975 #1 hit single "Lovin' You" dies of breast
cancer in Los Angeles, at the age of 31?
8) On October 6, who had the #1 hit with
9) Evita (Music: Andrew Lloyd Webber,
Lyrics and Book: Tim Rice). Broadway production opened at the Broadway
Theatre on September 25 and ran for 1567 performances
10) What was the Top 40 hit for