1955 In Music Trivia Quiz
do you know about 1955 in Music? Try this
The Year In Music Trivia Quiz.
You'll find the answers at the
bottom of the page.
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
1) On February 26, for the first time since they were introduced in
1949, 45 rpm discs begin to outsell the old standard 78s.
2) Who was born on January 26, 1955?
Eddie Van Halen
3) On September 26, "America's Sweethearts," Eddie Fisher
and Elizabeth Taylor marry.
4) Who was born on October 7, 1955?
Yo-Yo Ma, cellist
Charlie Parker, Jazz saxophonist
Bessie Brown, blues singer
5) On March 19, - A film premieres in New York City. The film
features Bill Haley & His Comets' "Rock Around the Clock"
over the opening credits -- the first use of a rock and roll song in a
major film. This event causes a groundswell of sales for the recording
and is credited with helping to launch in earnest the Rock and Roll Era.
What is the film?
Till We Meet Again
6) On May 12, Kix Brooks, Country singer Brooks & Dunn is born.
7) "Unchained Melody" hits #1 on April 30, 1955 for eight
Who performs the #1 Hit?
8) In 1955, "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" was a hit song?
performed the 1955 Hit?
Mitch Miller & The Gang
9) An animated musical feature film produced by Walt Disney, and
originally released to theaters on June 22, 1955 by Buena Vista
What is the movie?
Three Mules for Sister Sarah
Lady and the Tramp
Pete Kelly's Blues
10) In 1955, the songwriting team of Jerry Leiber & Mike Stoller
published "Charlie Brown."
Who had the hit in 1959?